College is expensive. Sure, scholarships, grants, and loans can lessen the blow of the cost to attend college. However, even with these resources and assistance, college is still quite pricey. To make the financial burden even worse, there may be times that you begin to doubt the value of a college degree. Who hasn’t asked themselves, “Is this even worth it.” While a college education is a fantastic long-term investment, there are some benefits available to students during their college years.
Major retailers, brands, services, and companies recognize that college students aren’t loaded with extra income. Yet, college students still enjoy new clothes, little luxuries, and being able to spend any extra cash. Thankfully, there’s no shortage of discounts available to college students. However, it’s not always clear which businesses offer student discounts. The College Points took the time to comb through hundreds of search results to compile a list of the top student discounts available in 2020.
How to Access Student Discounts
When shopping in stores, typically, all that’s needed to receive a student discount is your student ID. However, when shopping online, you’ll likely need to confirm that you are in fact an active college student. To confirm your status as an active college student, you’ll need to register with one or more sites designed to allow college students to find the best student discounts. Here are three top student discount sites that will allow you to verify your status as a student and access top student discounts.
If you’ve been at school for a semester or two, you’ve probably heard of UNiDAYS. UNiDAYS is likely the most popular website used to find student discounts. The site features an attractive and simple layout that makes it easy to locate relevant student discounts. Signing up for UNiDAYS is also quite straight-forward. When I first signed up for UNiDAYS, it took me all of 2 minutes to register and confirm my status as an active college student.
This is another popular option when searching for student discounts. StudentBeans is also quite easy to use and features a layout that’s similar to that of UNiDAYS. Registering with StudentBeans takes around 2 minutes. At the moment, it would appear as if StudentBeans offers the most student discounts of any of the three sites covered within this post.
ID.me is a little less straight-forward compared to UNiDAYS and StudentBeans. If you are to go to ID.me’s homepage, you’ll end up on the company’s corporate and service oriented site. To access student discounts and to register with ID.me, you will actually want to visit shop.id.me/student. Once you’re on the student site, you’ll be able to register. Registration takes just 2 to 3 minutes.
Other Sites and Traditional Discount Codes
There are actually a few other lesser known sites that allow students to access discounts. However, you’ll find that most top retailers and services that offer student discounts are featured on UNiDAYS, StudentBeans, or ID.me. Additionally, some retailers simply issue a student discount code. Other sites may allow you to access student discounts by accessing a certain landing page or selecting a student offers option. Ultimately, using a site like those listed above is the quickest and most efficient way to access student discounts. To save you some time, we’ve compiled a list of top retailers, stores, brands, services, airlines, and websites that currently offer a student discount or promotional rate.
List of The Top Student Discounts and Promotions
We browsed multiple sites to find the best student deals including student travel deals. You’ll find that list below. The list is broken up into a few categories including apparel, technology, and of course, travel.
Student Travel Discounts
College is one of the best times to get out and explore the world. However, travel can be quite costly. Luckily, there are a number of online travel agencies, tools, hotels, and even airlines that allow students to access exclusive discounts.
Airlines Offering Student Discounts:
- Lufthansa: Through Lufthansa’s GenerationFly program, college students can access exclusive fares and other travel deals. All promotional fares and discounts vary.
- United Airlines: Limited Time Only, Discount Varies, Use the United mobile app and sign into your MileagePlus account to access exclusive student rates now through June 30th, 2020.
- Emirates: up to $50 Off
Other Student Discounts for Flights:
- Student Universe: Register with your college email address and access exclusive student fares on flights across the globe. Fares vary.
- STA Travel: Access exclusive student fares and other travel discounts using your ISIC card.
Hotels Offering Student Discounts:
- Hotels.com: Register with your college email address and access exclusive student fares on flights across the globe. Fares vary.
- Wyndham Hotel Group: Access exclusive student fares and other travel discounts using your ISIC card.
- Best Western: join Best Western’s student rewards program and receive exclusive perks and benefits in addition to exclusive rates.
Travel Websites Offering Student Discounts:
- CheapOAir: Visit CheapOAir’s student deals landing page and receive discounted flights.
- Expedia: Join Expedia’s student travel program and receive exclusive discounts on flights, hotels, and car rentals.
- Contiki: Currently offering a variety of student discounts depending on the package you wish to book.
Student Discounts on Car Rental and Train Tickets:
- Dollar Rent a Car: up to 25% Off
- Fox Rent a Car: up to 20% Off
- ZipCar: Student Membership and Exclusive Rates
- Greyhound Bus: 10% Off with Student Advantage Card
- MegaBus: $3 Off
- Amtrak: 15% Off on Most Amtrak Routes
- Omio: 5% Off
Student Discounts on Apparel & Accessories
College students tend to be a little more fashion forward than most other age groups. Luckily, there’s an almost endless list of popular retailers that offer a student discount. Here are some of are favorite retailers and brands offering student discounts.
Student Discounts on Clothes, Shoes, and Accessories:
- J.Crew: 15% Off, Online & In-Store, Occasionally stackable with other promotions and sales.
- J.Crew Factory: 15% Off, Online & In-Store, Occasionally stackable with other promotions and sales.
- Topshop: 20% Off, Exclusions apply.
- Topman: 20% Off, Exclusions apply.
- Adidas: 15% Off, Exclusions apply.
- Nike: 10% Off, Exclusions apply.
- Sunglass Hut: up to 30% Off
- Ray-Ban: up to 30% Off
- Journey’s: $10 Off purchases of $50 or More, Single Use
- Finish Line: 10% Off purchases of $100 or More
- American Eagle: 20% Off
- BONOBOS: 20% Off
- Topo Designs: 10% Off and Free Shipping
- Gymshark: up to 20% Off
- The North Face: 10% Off
- Rag & Bone: 15% Off, Exclusions apply.
- Calvin Klein: 10% Off
- Kate Spade: 15% Off, Exclusions apply.
- Levi’s: 15% Off, Exclusions apply.
Student Discounts on Technology
Now that we’ve been forced to study from our homes, it’s become apparent just how important technology is to get through college. Thankfully, a number of retailers recognize this and offer discounts to college students.
Student Discounts on Technology
- Samsung: up to 20% Off. Exclusions apply.
- Acer: 10% Off + Free Shipping
- Linksys: up to 25% Off
- GoPro: up to 20% Off
- Apple: Exclusive student savings. Varies by product.
- Google Store: Exclusive student savings. Varies by product.
- Marshall Headphones: up to 15% Off
- WordPress: up to 50% Off
- Best Buy: Enroll in myBest Buy Student and receive access to exclusive student deals.
Student Discounts on Entertainment and Streaming Services
Since we’re all about cutting the cord nowadays, streaming services are the lifeblood of home entertainment. Additionally, college students are known to indulge in the occasional music festival are concert. Lucky for us, you can score exclusive discounts on both streaming services and tickets to popular events.
Student Discounts on Streaming Services and Entertainment:
- TIDAL: Limited time offer, 4 months of premium streaming for just $4.
- Spotify: Receive Spotify Premium, Hulu, and Showtime for just $4.99 a month.
- Amazon Prime Video: Receive Prime Video included with Amazon Prime Student for just $6.49 a month.
- HBO GO/NOW: Depending on what college or university you attend, HBO may be accessible at no additional cost.
- Apple Music: Student plan available for just $4.99 a month.
- AMC Theaters: Student pricing available most days and hours with some exclusions.
- Ticketmaster: Up to 45% Off via StudentBeans
Other Student Discounts
There’s literally an endless list of discounts and promotions available to college students. Here are a few more student discounts we plan to take advantage of.
Other Popular Student Discounts:
- Hello Fresh: 15% Off each box + 1 box delivered with no shipping cost.
- Graze: 15% Off each box + 1st box free.
- RedBubble: up to 15% Off
- Purple: up to 10% Off
- S’well: up to 20% Off
- GrubHub: 20% Off orders of $10 or More.
- Shipt: Save 50% on your first delivery, plus two weeks free, and additional annual savings.
- eBags: up to 25% Off
College is expensive. Thankfully, being a college student isn’t without its perks and benefits. One of those perks is a seemingly endless supply of discounts, coupons, and promotions exclusively available to college students. If you’re ready to start taking advantage of those discounts, we recommend scrolling back up near the top of this post and registering with a site like UNiDAYS, StudentBeans, or ID.me. Once you’re registered and have verified your status as a student, it’s time to start saving.