College is expensive. Sure, scholarships, grants, and loans can lessen the blow of the cost to attend college. However, even with these resources and assistance, college is still quite pricey. To make the financial burden even worse, there may be times that you begin to doubt the value of a college degree. Who hasn’t asked themselves, “Is this even worth it.” While a college education is a fantastic long-term investment, there are some benefits available to students during their college years.
Major retailers, brands, services, and companies recognize that college students aren’t loaded with extra income. Yet, college students still enjoy new clothes, little luxuries, and being able to spend any extra cash. Thankfully, there’s no shortage of discounts available to college students. However, it’s not always clear which businesses offer student discounts. The College Points took the time to comb through hundreds of search results and compiled a list of the top student discounts and deals available in 2020.
Featured Student Discounts
How to Access Student Discounts & Deals
When shopping in stores, typically, all that’s needed to receive a student discount is your student ID. However, when shopping online, you’ll likely need to confirm that you are in fact an active college student. To confirm your status as an active college student, you’ll need to register with one or more sites designed to allow college students to find the best student discounts. Here are three top student discount sites that will allow you to verify your status as a student and access top student discounts.
If you’ve been at school for a semester or two, you’ve probably heard of UNiDAYS. UNiDAYS is likely the most popular website used to find student discounts. The site features an attractive and simple layout that makes it easy to locate relevant student discounts. Signing up for UNiDAYS is also quite straight-forward. When I first signed up for UNiDAYS, it took me all of 2 minutes to register and confirm my status as an active college student.
ID.me is a little less straight-forward compared to UNiDAYS and StudentBeans. If you are to go to ID.me’s homepage, you’ll end up on the company’s corporate and service oriented site. To access student discounts and to register with ID.me, you will actually want to visit shop.id.me/student. Once you’re on the student site, you’ll be able to register. Registration takes just 2 to 3 minutes.
Other Sites and Traditional Discount Codes
There are actually a few other lesser known sites that allow students to access discounts. However, you’ll find that most top retailers and services that offer student discounts are featured on UNiDAYS, StudentBeans, or ID.me. Still, if you’re looking for student discounts offered by local or lesser-known brands, these sites may be worth a visit. Additionally, some retailers simply issue a student discount code that’s available online. Other sites may allow you to access student discounts by accessing a certain landing page or selecting a student offers option. Ultimately, using a site like those listed above is the quickest and most efficient way to access student discounts. To save you some time, we’ve compiled a list of top retailers, stores, brands, services, airlines, and websites that currently offer a student discount or promotional rate.
List of Top Student Deals and Discounts
List of The Top Student Discounts and Promotions
We browsed multiple sites to find the best student deals and discounts including student travel deals. You’ll find that list below. The list is broken up into a few categories including apparel, technology, and of course, travel.
College is one of the best times to get out and explore the world. However, travel can be quite costly. Luckily, there are a number of online travel agencies, tools, hotels, and even airlines that allow students to access exclusive discounts. You can also check out The College Points’ latest travel deals by visiting our dedicated “Deals” page.
Airlines Offering Student Discounts:
- Lufthansa: Through Lufthansa’s GenerationFly program, college students can access exclusive fares and other travel deals. All promotional fares and discounts vary.
- United Airlines: EXTENDED PROMOTION: Limited Time Only, Discount Varies, Use the United mobile app and sign into your MileagePlus account to access exclusive student rates now through December 31st, 2020.
- Emirates: up to $50 Off posted fares – This discount is currently unavailable.
Hotels Offering Student Discounts:
- Hotels.com: Register with your college email address and access exclusive student fares on flights across the globe. Fares vary.
- Wyndham Hotel Group: Access exclusive student fares and other travel discounts using your ISIC card.
- Best Western: Join Best Western’s student rewards program and receive exclusive perks and benefits in addition to exclusive rates. Once on Best Western’s official website, be sure to navigate to the “Student Rewards” page. That page can be accessed via this link.
Travel Websites Offering Student Discounts:
- CheapOAir: Visit CheapOAir’s student deals landing page and receive discounted flights. Promo Code: STUDENT30
- Expedia: Join Expedia’s student travel program and receive exclusive discounts on flights, hotels, and car rentals.
- Contiki: Currently offering a variety of student discounts depending on the package you wish to book. Promo Code: STUDENT75
- Viator by TripAdvisor: 10% student discount
Student Discounts on Car Rental and Train Tickets:
- Dollar Rent a Car: up to 25% Off
- Fox Rent A Car: up to 20% Off –– Ranked as the top rental car agency for students and young travelers by The College Points.
- ZipCar: Student Membership and Exclusive Rates
- Greyhound Bus: 10% Off with Student Advantage Card
- MegaBus: $3 Off posted fares
- Amtrak: 15% Off on Most Amtrak Routes
- Omio: 5% Off
Breeze through airport security with CLEAR’s touch-less expedited screening experience. Students receive a CLEAR membership for just $50 a year. That makes for savings of $129 per year. Students can receiving exclusive pricing for up to 4 years. Learn more about CLEAR.
College students tend to be a little more fashion forward than most other age groups. Luckily, there’s an almost endless list of popular retailers that offer a student discount. Here are some of are favorite retailers and brands offering student discounts.
Featured Student Discount
Face masks and coverings have become apart of our daily lives as we work to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Skinnydip London is currently offer students 20% off face coverings. Click here to access this deal and learn more about Skinnydip London.
Student Discounts on Clothes, Shoes, and Accessories:
- Featured – Frank & Oak: up to 20% individual items or $30 discount off your first Style Plan Box + waived styling fee.
- J.Crew: 15% Off, Online & In-Store
- J.Crew Factory: 15% Off, Online & In-Store
- Topshop: Up to 20% Off, Exclusions apply.
- Topman: Up to 20% Off, Exclusions apply.
- Adidas: 15% Off, Exclusions apply.
- Nike: 10% Off, Exclusions apply.
- Sunglass Hut: up to 30% Off
- Ray-Ban: up to 30% Off
- Journey’s: $10 Off purchases of $50 or More, Single Use
- Finish Line: 10% Off purchases of $100 or More
- American Apparel: 20% Off. Online Only.
- American Eagle: 20% Off
- BONOBOS: 20% Off
- Topo Designs: 10% Off and Free Shipping
- Gymshark: up to 10% Off, New: up to 30% Off at Gymshark Outlet
- The North Face: 10% Off
- Rag & Bone: 15% Off, Exclusions apply.
- Calvin Klein: 10% Off
- Kate Spade: 15% Off, Exclusions apply.
- Levi’s: 15% Off, Exclusions apply.
- UNIQLO: Take $15 Off orders of $75+
- Urban Outfitters: up to 10% Off in stores
If there’s one student discount that could be considered essential, it’s Amazon Prime Student. As a student, you’ll receive a 6-month free trial. After your trial, you’ll receive 50% off Amazon Prime. Why get Amazon Prime? There’s almost an endless list of benefits that students receive as a Prime member. Some of the top Amazon Prime Student benefits include discounts at Whole Foods, free two-day shipping on college essentials like textbooks, free shipping on over 50 million other items, and access to Amazon Prime Music. Join today and receive a 6-month free trial.
Now that we’ve been forced to study from our homes, it’s become apparent just how important technology is to get through college. Thankfully, a number of retailers recognize this and offer discounts to college students.
Featured Student Discount
For a limited time, students will not only receive education pricing on products but also, a pair of Apple AirPods. Students who shop with Apple and purchase select Mac or iPad models will receive free Apple AirPods. Get this deal and learn more here.
Student Discounts on Technology
- Samsung: up to 20% Off. Exclusions apply.
- Acer: 10% Off + Free Shipping
- Linksys: up to 25% Off
- GoPro: up to 20% Off
- Apple: Exclusive student savings. Varies by product.
- Google Store: Exclusive student savings. Varies by product.
- Marshall Headphones: up to 15% Off
- WordPress: up to 50% Off
- Best Buy: Enroll in myBest Buy Student and receive access to exclusive student deals.
- SimpleMobile: 30% off select mobile devices and plans.
- NordVPN: 75% Off 2-Year VPN Plans, 15% Off other VPN Plans.
- SteelSeries: up to 15% Off
- PopSockets: up to 15% Off
- Belkin: 30% Off
Since we’re all about cutting the cord nowadays, streaming services are the lifeblood of home entertainment. Additionally, college students are known to indulge in the occasional music festival are concert. Lucky for us, you can score exclusive discounts on both streaming services and tickets to popular events.
Student Discounts on Streaming Services and Entertainment:
- TIDAL: Limited time offer, 4 months of premium streaming for just $4.
- Spotify: Receive Spotify Premium, Hulu, and Showtime for just $4.99 a month.
- Amazon Prime Video: Receive Prime Video included with Amazon Prime Student for just $6.49 a month.
- HBO GO/NOW: Depending on the college or university you attend, HBO may be accessible at no additional cost.
- Apple Music: Student plan available for just $4.99 a month.
- AMC Theaters: Student pricing available most days and hours with some exclusions.
Maintaining your health and staying well shouldn’t be put on hold while you’re in college. However, it’s no secret that many of the top health, wellness, and beauty brands and products are often out of a student’s price range. Luckily, a number of brands and retailers offer students discounts on a number of products ranging from contacts and eyewear to cosmetics and makeup. Here are some of the top student discounts on health, wellness, and beauty.
Popular Student Discounts for Health, Wellness, and Beauty:
- Headspace: $9.99 per year (compared to $69.99)
- Talkspace: $100 Off Your First Month
- Myprotein: 40% Off + Free Shipping
- e.l.f. Cosmetics: 15% Off
- MAC Cosmetics: 10% Off
- Proactiv: 10% Off ProactivMD 90-Day Kits
- Every Man Jack: 25% Off when you spend $30
- Elemis: 15% Off
- NEST New York: 15% Off
- Calm: Free access may be available. Free access is only available to students at participating schools, colleges, and universities.
- LifeTime Fitness: $129 a month. Free day pass offer may be available.
- 1-800 Contacts: 10% Off
- EyeBuyDirect: 20% Off + Free Shipping
- GlassesUSA: 60% Off non-premium and non-clearance frames.
There’s literally an endless list of discounts and promotions available to college students. Here are a few more student discounts we plan to take advantage of.
Other Popular Student Discounts:
- Chegg: Save on up to 90% on Chegg Textbook Rentals and Chegg Study
- Hello Fresh: 15% Off each box + 1 box delivered with no shipping cost.
- Graze: 15% Off each box + 1st box free.
- RedBubble: up to 15% Off
- Purple: up to 10% Off
- S’well: up to 20% Off
- GrubHub: 20% Off orders of $10 or More.
- Shipt: Save 50% on your first delivery, plus two weeks free, and additional annual savings.
- eBags: up to 25% Off
- Freshly: 15% Off
- Home Chef: 50% Off your first box.
College is expensive. Thankfully, being a college student isn’t without its perks and benefits. One of those perks is a seemingly endless supply of student discounts, coupons, and promotions exclusively available to college students. If you’re ready to start taking advantage of those student discounts, we recommend scrolling back up near the top of this post and registering with a site like UNiDAYS, StudentBeans, or ID.me. Once you’re registered and have verified your status as a student, it’s time to start saving.